Ivica Ivanovic was born on December 3rd, 1974, in Podgorica, Montenegro. He attended elementary school in Podgorica, Montenegro, and graduated high school in the United States. Ivica Ivanovic graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma (USA) in 1999 where he earned Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Trade. He received a Master of Arts Degree in Diplomacy and International Relations from the Seton Hall University “John C. Whitehead School of Diplomacy and International Relations” (New York, USA) in 2001.
A brief summary of Ivica Ivanovic’s professional experience follows:
• March 2017- Director General of Directorate for Defence Policy and planning, Ministry of Defence.
• January 2016 – March 2017 - Director General of Directorate for Information Society Promotion, Ministry for Information Society and Telecommunication, Government of Montenegro.
• May 2013 - October 2015 - Head of Corporate Affairs, Telenor, Montenegro.
• May 2011 - May 2013 - Legal and Personnel Manager, Regional School of Public Administration (ReSPA), Montenegro.
• February 2008 - May 2011 - Program Manager, Royal Norwegian Ministry of Defence and Royal Norwegian Embassy Defence Project (based in the Ministry of Defence and the Human Resources Management Authority), Montenegro.
• June 2007 - February 2008 - Senior Advisor for International Cooperation, Ministry of Defence, Government of Montenegro.
• January 2006 - June 2007 - Personnel/HR Manager and Training Coordinator in the Municipal Management of Macedonian Schools, DAI, Washington, USA, based in Skopje, The Republic of North Macedonia.
• June 2003 - January 2006 - Program Coordinator for European Projects, Institute for Multi-track Diplomacy (IMTD), Washington D.C., USA.
• April 2001 - January 2003 - Research Assistant, the United Nations University, the United Nations headquarters, New York, USA.
Ivica Ivanovic has completed a number of additional education and training courses, including the following:
• Accelerated Leadership Training (Norwegian Business School in cooperation with the London School of Economics) held in Oslo, Norway and Bangkok, Thailand.
• Building Integrity in Defence Establishments (NATO organisations) held in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• The Lisbon Treaty and the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice and Participative Training Techniques, held in Regional School of Public Administration (ReSPA), Montenegro.
Ivica Ivanovic is one of the founders of the Association of Managers of Montenegro.
Ivica Ivanovic passed the professional exam for work in state bodies in 2010.